Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1990 VW Westfalia

Earlier today I got my first request for a post. Because I'm a sad little man with nothing better to do with my afternoon, this sparked in me a flame of excitement that can scarce be described, and I immediately set myself to the task of what was described to me (by Kyle), as a 'Westy'. While this affectionate nickname might not be familiar to all of you, this image will be:

Yes, Kyle asked me to find him a Mystery Machine. Now, I don't know what Kyle intends to use this 'shaggin' wagon' for, nor do I care to know. What I do know is that he will be paying a pretty 1960's penny for a good condition Westfalia.

Despite vans' lack of popularity, Westfalias are still monstrously expensive, partially because of their rarity.

Witness this example, the only one currently on Kijiji in the GTA. Even with 180,000kms and 20 years behind it, it's still being pushed for almost $13,000, and that doesn't even include the shag carpet necessary to complete the experience. It does look clean though, and if your goal is to emulate Kelso from That 70's Show, you'll find no better example around here.



Shaggin' Wagon. Full ad

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Wow I cannot believe these vans are so expensive still today. I have always wanted an orange one that I can live in and become a beach bum in Cali!

Katzendame said...

I'm pretty sure i was conceived in the back of one of these...

Valleyboy said...

lol Lauren, is this your dad?
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Kelso-ashton-kutcher-40386_375_333.jpg